Saturday 16 April 2011

Salute 2011 and a Nomination??

By the Pike Divided


Just a quick post for this evening, have been to Salute with the usual pals Postie, Fran (the Lurker), Link,  also our other pal Surj came along, it was his first show in over 10 years. I'm absolutely knackered, we all must have walked about 8 mile, and with a belly like mine, that's some going!!
I met up with a three fellow bloggers and had a good chat with them, namely, Paul from Battles in Miniature, Dave from Saxon Dog & Darrell from la journey. Paul and Dave were both running the same game Miniature Militia presents By the Pike Divided, which was an ECW game set in 1644, beautiful figures on an very unusual board which was kind of a rounded diamond shape. Darrell and co were playing the Battle of Verneuil in 1424, once again the terrain and figures were superb. I'll be posting a few more photo's from both these games plus lots more in the next couple of days.


The Battle of Verneuil
I also had a chat with??, Alex, the author of the new Viking skirmish rules "Saga", these look very interesting and I'm surly gonna part with the £20-25 they'll cost when they come out in early May
I guess like most gamers I overspent at the show, but came away very happy with my purchases, I was a bit gutted I never got to Old Glory in time and they'd sold out on the new Bluemoon 15mm FIW figures I wanted, gggrrrr!!!. Now I'll have to wait until they get more in, in a couple of months!!! A great time was had by all, Fran bought some 20mm tanks and figures for his What if Operation Sealion, Posties bought some painted 100 Years Wars figures to add to his already massive collection, while Surj bought some books on tactics.
Fran, The Angry Lurker was nominated for a blog award a couple of days ago, (tut! bighead) and has also nominated my blog, which was very kind of him, I'm sure I'll have to pay the ginger whinger back some how, he did say that he only nominated me because, I said I wouldn't give him a lift to Salute??? Bloody right too!!!!!


Is that you???

25 comments:

  1. Woah! Thats a lot of action going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he did say that he had to give you the award to get a lift to the Salute. You guys crack me up. Glad you had fun and got to hang with a few other bloggers.

    And ... congrats on the award. It's well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet killing small soldiers and watching grown men cry before you feels as good as the video game killing spree don't it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Happy whisk-Thanks for that :0), Fran's been such a bighead all day about his award, I'm surprised he didn't keep falling over!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info - you guys together make it almost like being there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That battle must be an awesome fight :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you had a blast

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous as heck but glad you guys had such an awesome time. I went to SALUTE 2001 and 2002 (when I lived in UK temporarily) and had a ball.

    MORE viking skirmish rules- ah heck! Age of Blood are doing us very well at the moment, but you know what we gamers are like with new rule sets...

    Glad you guys got some goodies and as always I look forward to seeing them painted up and in action!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you guys had a good time at salute, and I'm really looking forward to the big Operation Sea Lion campaign you guys have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous you got to go to Salute - perhaps next year I can jump to pond and give it a go

    Did you happen to see the Hail Caesar game?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the blog award and I wish I was at Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well ... you boys play nice. You both deserve the award.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I's a helluva long way to get to Salute from Arbroath but one of these years I'm going to have to make that trip.

    Good luck on the nomination Ray

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep reading elsewhere that people from the internet are somehow not real people but here is proof that some of them are real when you run into them in person somewhere. Some of these other ones might still be bots though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm envious as both are two tables I would have liked to see!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks you had a lot of fun ;-D

    And more fun to come with that nomination "lol"

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  17. trench warfare was pretty noble

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm pushing more of an oval shape Ray.

    Great to see you and Fran at the show and you both deserve to win an award for something?

    Cheers Paul

    ReplyDelete