Monday 18 April 2011

Salute 2011 part 2 The Reject's on tour

As I mentioned in my last post, myself and 3 of the Rejects made it to Salute last Sunday, the usual trip down the A2 was marred by the closure of the Blackwall tunnel, so a quick detour through Dartford tunnel, brought us to the other end of the Excel centre, we usually park below the centre quite close to the show entrance, but had to park outside, which bought on moans and groans from Postie and especially the whining irishman Fran, as it bought on at least another 800 metres trek to the expected 6-7 mile walk. I thought it was a great show I'm gutted I missed the Sedgemoor game, I must have walked passed it several times and also missed out on the Bluemoon Indian civilians from Old Glory. I had a quick chat with Martin from Warbases, I was supposed to bring back some bases that he'd sent to me by mistake, but in all the schoolboy excitement to get to the show I left them at home.
Lastly I was very fortunate to win a raffle prize from the guys at  Project Hougoumont, well worth the £5, I paid for the tickets,  I won three musket balls dug up on the field at Waterloo and two Battle of Waterloo prints signed by Jason Salkey, (Rifleman Harris). The one problem was I found out I'd won by text and we were just getting back onto the A13 on our way home, so a quick handbrake turn  was made back to the show. I lost one musket ball walking back to the car though,  Fran luckily caught it with his open pocket!!
This post has a few, (well ok lots), of photo's from the show!

The queue


3 Reject's, Fran  looking ever so dashing?? Surj and Postie





Miniature Militia - By the pike divided 





Loughton Strike Force WW2






The Battle of Worcester 1651








The Battle of Vernauil



Krush the Kaiser


The Battle of Leignitz - The Mongol invasion of Europe 1241

Don, Martin and Glenn the mighty Warbases team. If you want any bases then these are the guys to go to.

Rifleman Harris aka Jason Salkey, taking a bite of his sarney!



28 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff indeed - well the figs and terrain anyway! Glad you boys had a great day out.

    Where are all the pics of the Viking games? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job that man great pics and report

    PP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did take loads but all but three were blurred and they were not that good, so I left them out, sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Officially miffed that I couldn't make it to Salute this year. Gonna have to make sure the wife truely appreciates the sacrifice I made going on holiday with her and the kids instead! Of course I won't phrase it exactly like that... I like my spleen right where it is thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, so many people and settings, looks so fun!

    congrats on the raffle, btw. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just awesome tables!!!!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was great fun...I wish I could have been there.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent stuff Ray!

    Some great pics in there.

    Darrell.

    PS. I've e-mailed you through the blog- you should get it but if not would you let me know please?

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic. The tables jump out. Always looking at the reports I think 'next time'...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics. I've never been to a chow/convention, so I alwys enjoy seeing how they went. Congratulations on the raffle win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great,
    1 day I will make it down to Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome pictures. Makes me want to go across the pond at least once to attend the con.
    Thanks,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job, you took so many more pictures than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey these pictures are better as the ones of Fran :-D

    Thanks for sharing these with us, and I see a lot of nice painted figures!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like those pond effects at Worcester, even the ploughed field almost has the rippling look from a distance.

    I am glad to hear the real story of that musketball, as the BS detectors were going off before, it sure sounded like baksheesh for the blog award nomination. You know you could do some forensics on those with a microscope and figure out which musket they were from.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a heck of a lot of work and well done, at that. Nice to see the pictures. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a lucky lot to be able to drive to shows on mainland !
    Hoping to attend Warfare again this year but its an airbourne drop for us 'colonials'.

    Some very nice looking games on display

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  18. I particularly like the plumes of smoke from the recently-fired cannons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great pics - looks like you had a blast

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! so many people! and those tanks looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know all this Ray...I was there, some of us had to carry you round the show with your bad back and feet, no wonder I didn't get that many pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You nicked my musket ball you tinker!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ray, that's a great set of photos! Hope I can catch up with you guys at the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Likewise Sidney, its always good to meet fellow Blogamers! Sorry I'm trying out a new word!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I saw some of these pics on Lurkers blog..the whole event seems overwhelming with EPICNESS.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely stunning detail in all of these miniature sets, I especially like the World War I scenes. It's good to know that pride in craftsmanship like this has more than survived the computerized gaming era.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Top notch pics Ray

    ReplyDelete